Thursday, July 2, 2009

Parenting People...Not Birds...

Ok...as promised, I will actually talk about my wonderful kids.

Below are some observations from the past three weeks where I was blog-free;

In no particular order...

*Olivia now has 9 teeth

*Connor is one of the funniest people I know, he has a wicked sense of humor

*We went to the library to get Connor another book. EVERY Star Ways book was checked out by someone else. We got on the wait list for about 5 books, but Connor had a hard time understanding that some other boy or girl had HIS books. We instead got a Star Wars graphic novel that is WAY too old for him, but I sit in bed with him each night and we read a little bit. And by read - I mean, I make up a story. He loves it

*Olivia is starting to not be a huge fan of her high chair - we need to invest in "Mushy Seat #2"

*Connor brought me his pink sparkly Bratz toothbrush last night and asked me if it was a girl's toothbrush. I told him no

*Olivia is starting to talk a little bit more - not much, but headway is being made. She says "bye-bye", ball, and "uh oh". It's very sweet

*Olivia can now make kissing sounds and pucker up for a kiss, it's pretty cute. Just be careful when you go in for the kiss though, she usually opens up her mouth wide at the last possible second and licks you. It's not pleasant

*Connor has now decided that he is not Master Yoda, but instead is a clone

*We went to the beach with Sarah, Declan, Alex, Mary, and Owen. It was a lot of fun seeing all of the kids together. Connor was very cute and was trying to share with Declan and gave him a  cheese doodle. Declan looked beyond excited until Sarah took it away. Declan is six months old, so maybe a little too young for snack foods, but I was proud of Connor for sharing

*We went and visited Connor's friend Nick. His Mom & Dad (Marianna and Tim) just bought a new house. Connor "borrowed"Nick's light saber and was super kind enough to lend Nick Olivia's light saber. He's tricky that one

*"Olivia's light saber?" you ask. Yes...about a month ago I went away for two nights on a girl's weekend. When I left, Connor had a light saber. When I returned, everyone had light sabers. I guess a new rule is to ban trips to the toy store when you go away

*Sam, Mo, and Athos are the most patient animals around. Olivia has mastered (for the most part) the calm cat petting technique that we have been working on and is mostly able to resist the urge to grab Mo's belly and not let go

Well - that's all for now, I must get some shut eye, but I'm back on the blogging train, and have much to write about.




No comments:

Post a Comment